Why minor in Journalism and Electronic Media?
The JEM minor is designed to offer students the chance to become better writers and boost storytelling skills. Students will broaden their knowledge and achieve professional skills that employers are seeking in their workforce. The JEM minor consists of 18 credit hours.
- JREM 175 Introduction to Journalism and Creative Media
- JREM 200 Multimedia Writing (Meets University General Education Requirement)
- JREM 230 Multimedia Reporting
- JREM 367 Mass Communication History or JREM 410 Media Ethics
- JREM 400 Mass Communication Law and Ethics
- JREM 466 Media, Diversity and Society